Featured blogger She is Sara


She is Sara


My mind's racing from chasing pirates



How do you get your inspiration for the outfits you wear ?
I get inspiration from lots of things, movies, other bloggers, chictopia. I also use music, I will play something and get dressed based on my mood, which is why I never have a consistent style.  

Who has had the biggest fashon influence on your outfits ?
A combination of Jenny Lewis,  Mandy Moore, ...... and sometimes Rivers Cuomo lol. 


What made you start posting your pictures on chictopia ? 
I am not sure, I think I found Chictopia through someone else's blog and it seemed like a really cool idea. I like the diversity on chictopia, all the styles and people, it just seemed like a lot of fun. 




What blogs and websites do you follow and why ? 
I follow Mod Cloth because I love their blog posts and I love the clothes. I don't really follow any sites in particular, but I follow a lot of blogs. There are so many good fashion blogs out there, I may not wear the same styles, but right now I really like Starr from  "A thought is the blossom" and Mel from "Idee genial" I just love how Mel wears something different everyday by switching up her clothes, she is really creative. Starr takes wonderful pictures and finds the best outfits for her scenery. 


Would you describe yourself as a trendsetter or fashion follower ?
I would say a little of both. I like to browse magazines and sites like Chictopia and Weardrobe for inspiration, but sometimes I like to just go into my closet and pull random things on to try together and see what the result is. However, I have no idea if someone else has done it before or has tried it after me lol. 



How would you describe your style ? 
Eclectic. I really like a lot of different styles, but I keep it simple during the week for work, and then try to be a little more creative on the weekends. 



Does the hosiery you wear dictate the clothes,outfit you wear ?
Sometimes. I wear a lot of plain black, but sometimes I will want to wear grey or prints and I will try to work an outfit out around that. 



What is in your hosiery drawer or closet ?
I actually keep them in a little storage tub, but I have a very small collection. 

I have some basic black ribbed tights from CVS
Some patterned ones from CVS





Some grey, and some purple ones from Payless
The grey/black, and the white lace patterned ones are from Forever 21

Thick purple winter ones from Forever 21
 and some basic brown ones from target








How do you choose your hosiery ? 
I wear a lot of black so I stock up on those, but every once in awhile I will just browse and if something catches my eye I will go for it. 


Where do you shop for hoseiry ? 
I buy a lot of it from CVS, they are really cheap and last awhile. I also pick some up at Target and Forever 21 on occasion. 


Guess what color my hair is not

What was the last item of hosiery you brought, how much you spent etc ?
Probably just something from CVS and about $5.00

Do you prefer sheer or opaque tights,stockings or holdups,socks or kneehighs,sheer toe or reinforced ? 
Regular tights are my favorite, but in the summer I go for sheer tights for work. 

Do you ever wear 10 denier tights or sheer hose if so how long do they last you ?
No I never have. 

How does wearing tights make you feel emotionally ? More feminine,better with girly outfits not thought about it ?
I feel a little more covered up, and also that my legs are protected so I can run around outside or be warm inside on a cold day. I actually feel just a little more free, like I have more options. 

But I know, one thing, that I love you.



Do you physically like the feel of tights and touch ?  Do your legs ache less, prefer than pants ? not thought about it ?
I don't mind the feel of tights, I never really though about it. 










When do you wear hosiery,daily-once a week etc ?
About 5 to 6 times a week. 

What is your hosiery staple ? 
My black ribbed ones, they go with everything and create a slight pattern by being ribbed. 




What are your style tips for wearing tights ?
Simply to just buy the right size, too big and they will slide down, too tight and they will tear quickly. You want to be comfortable in them and not fidget constantly. 

How do you put on tights?
I just scrunch them up at the toes, slide my feet in and very carefully pull them up. 


Do you keep a spare pair of tights in your bag ?
I do in the summer, when I wear sheer nylons, they rip easily. 

The best and worst things about hosiery, Love-hate ?
I have to buy them all the time, I rarely have time to hand-wash them and some brands you can throw in the wash, some you can't. 


Talk Nerdy to me.




Do you recycle your tights ?
Actually I reuse them. I wash them in the wash machine, and then cut them into sections, stuff them with popurri, tie the ends up and throw them in the closet or drawers. 


http://chubbylumpkin.blogspot.com