How to wear coloured tights by stylepill




In lieu of my last post, which featured two girls in cheerful colors—one in bright pink tights—I received an email from a reader wondering how to pull off such vibrant leg wear, without resembling a clown…

Dear SP,

I love color, and I loved the picture of the two girls in your last post wearing such daring and bright colors. The pink tights are fantastic! It actually inspired me to purchase a pair of autumn-inspired rust-colored tights in hope I would be able to incorporate some pops of color into my mostly gray and black winter wardrobe. However, once I got them home I realized I had no clue how to wear them! I tried them on under a black skirt, which just didn’t look right. Then, I slipped them on under a jean skirt…much cuter, but then the dilemma of what shoes to wear arose. Help! I really want to get some wear out of these fun tights and would love your help on how to do so!

Thanks!

AL

Dear AL~

Colored tights are tricky, especially when it comes to hues that are a little less obvious in their boldness, such as rust, dark cranberry or dark turquoise but are not at as straightforward as black or gray. So, my advice would be this:

Pair these tights with more neutral colors such as denim, like the skirt you mentioned, or my favorite option, gray skirts and dresses. By opting for a neutral color as your main article of clothing, it allows you to show off more of your brightly-colored legs without overwhelming the whole outfit.
For shoes, I would opt for brown, camel or tan boots. Depending on the look you are going for, try a Frye-type boot for more casual look, and high-heeled boots for dressier occasions. If you are not into boots or heels, jump on the “flats” bandwagon and slip on these cuties from Urban Outfitters to create a low-key look.



If you decide you want to be a bit more daring and edgy, try donning bold fuchsia or purple tights to amp up a plain black dress. Complete the look with knee high black boots, round-toe black pumps or flats. Give these ideas a try and let me know how it goes! Good luck and remember, have fun! SPxx


http://stylepill.wordpress.com/


Allready tried this trend Send me a picture at fashionmylegs@yahoo.co.uk to be featured on this blog