Featured blogger- Zoe flood

1

How do you get your inspiration for the outfits you wear ?
I get inspiration from Anime and movies, mainly the early 80's and late 60's type eras. I love the colors and the bold shapes used in both era's and it was always about being neat and polished.

IMG_0295

Who has had the biggest fashon influence on your outfits ?
I think Anna Karina plays a big part in that, in every movie i see her in, she has the same hair, the same dark makeup and the same effortless/renegade/revolutionary/chic-ness to her.

What blogs and websites do you follow and why ?
I am on lookbook.nu every day of my life almost, (except weekends). I'm new to this blogging thing, and while i enjoy blogs that have models and clothing that is 8347234897239487$$$$$ Its just so out of reach it becomes unenjoyable to me. So the blogs I do follow, http://theoliviaalo.blogspot.com/, http://lululetty..blogspot.com/, and http://ealtosaar.blogspot.com/, and a few others, but mainly just alot of personal style blogs and art blogs. I just think it's more personable and more down to earth that way ;]

Would you describe yourself as a trendsetter or fashion follower ?
hmmm, I guess trendsetter, really, all of my clothing is either made/altered/secondhand/free/or gifts and I reallly think that when you follow those guide lines you really stand out from the millions of drones that are "fashionistas".

2

How would you describe your style ?
everything looks coustom made in some way, or diffrent, I strive to be original but keep modern athestics, i just dont want to look Like I went into urban and picked up the "it shirt" or dress that I saw everyone online wearing. like the new rodarte line for target, its REALLY cute, but everyone, EVERYONE wants it/ that beige slip dress, and makes me totally not even want it.
Does the hosiery you wear dictate the clothes,outfit you wear ?
definatly! I always try to style around my tights/socks ect.


What is in your hosiery drawer or closet ? It would be nice if you could take a photo and list the tights you own.
well, I have lots!
1.cranberry sturrup tights, american apperal
2. Teal Tights Opaque - H&M;
3. Midnight blue Opaque tights- A&A;
4. Purple tights Opaque- Target
5. Turqoise Opaque Tights- H&M;
6. Dotted tights- Swapmeet
7. Black Opaque Tights- Swapmeet
8. 3 pairs of sheer panty hose (always need those)- Downtown LA
9. Bright Blue Opaque tights- Buffolo exchange
10. Gold and black shiney tights- A&A;
11. Red Tights- A&A;
12. Black thigh high socks- Wet seal
13. Grey Thigh High socks- Forever 21

How do you choose your hosiery ?
its always based on color and how they feel, all my tights have holes in them, no matter the quality so I don't even bother anymore.

Where do you shop for hoseiry ?
American Apperal, the Swapmeet, and Downtown LA

black-gundam-dress-black-tights-black-forever-21-shoes-red-american-appare_lg

What was the last item of hosiery you brought, how much you spent etc ?
My dotted tights, and they were 50 cents at the swapmeet~! I was so happy, but they got a hole in them now :[

Do you prefer sheer or opaque tights,stockings or holdups,socks or kneehighs,sheer toe or reinforced ?
sheer (even thoguh i have aot of opaque), Stockings, kneehighs, reinforced

Do you ever wear 10 denier tights or sheer hose if so how long do they last you ?
sheer hose last me about an hour depending on what I'm doing haha.

zoeUntitled-11

How does wearing tights make you feel emotionally ?
It always makes me feel slim, especially sheer ones, and with bright colors it makes it seem like a burst of personality, especially since I wear so much black lately! and I just feel so protected, I hate my legs, but tights allow me to want to wear dresses, shorts, and skirts :]

Do you physically like the feel of tights and touch ? Do your legs ache less, prefer than pants ? not thought about it ?
I love the feel of tights, I think I feel them too much, my nails are long and always snag them!
When do you wear hosiery,daily-once a week etc ?
every single day, unless I'm wearing jeans.

dress-black-payless-shoes-black-sears-tights-gold-necklace-yves-saint-la_lg

What is your hosiery staple ?
sheer tights. they make everyone look sexy and slim. and it always gives you a classy appeal. and match with just about everything, and when they do rip, they still look cool ;]

What are your style tips for wearing tights ?
Don't throw them out when they get ripped! people really don't care! also wash them in a lingere bag if you don't already, to keep them nice longer !

Do you keep a spare pair of tights in your bag ?
oh no, I should start doing that though....

black-dress-black-sears-shoes-black-chanel-purse-black-american-apparel-ti_lg

The best and worst things about hosiery, Love-hate ?
best thing, they come in every color, cut, shape imaginable and hold everything together. worst thing, there are too many that I want! they are like pokemon, gotta catch em all!

red-zzc-dress-black-dance-works-tights-black-payless-shoes-black_lg

Do you recycle your tights ?
No! you can?
Thanks to Zoe.

1

Oringina xo