Featured blogger-Kathleen- Inspirafashion

Inspirafashion.

Photobucket
My blog: http://www.inspirafashion.blogspot.com
Chictopia: http://www.chictopia.com/kathleencarla

Photobucket

Photobucket

How do you get your inspiration for the outfits you wear ?
I get my inspiration mainly from all everyday girls around the world via Chictopia and fashion blogs I follow.  And of course, I tend to style-watch on the go whenever I'm in the city and see fashionable girls walking around.  It's inspirational and I take what I see into account when I dress and make my outfits :).

Who has had the biggest fashon influence on your outfits ?
I would definitely have to say, not being cliche or anything, but it would be my mom.  She seriously is a real fashionista and I look to her for my fashion inspirations as well.  Her closet is filled with amazing finds - from velvet pants, knit cardigans, shoulder pad blazers, and silk blouses.  I love how she's so fashion forward.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

What made you start posting your pictures on chictopia ? 
I found Chictopia randomly while looking through fashion websites for inspiration.  I came upon this website which showed real everyday girls, not celebrities, who can have such a powerful influence in the world of fashion.  After a while of admiring everyone's outfits from afar, it made me want to join in and start sharing my style and fashion with others.

What blogs and websites do you follow and why ? 
My daily reads right now are Song of Style, Late Afternoon, Fancy Treehouse, and Lust for Life.  I love how their styles are a mix of what I love, classy, romantic, and edgy.

Photobucket

Would you describe yourself as a trendsetter or fashion follower ?
Hmm, I don't know, I really feel like I'm a mixture of both.  I definitely wear what I feel comfortableand confident in.  And if a person wears something I feel would suit me, then I would definitely become a fashion follower.  But, in the end, I will wear an outfit I ultimately feel good in.

Photobucket




How would you describe your style ? 
My style is definitely everchanging and kind of eclectic.  But I would definitely say I tend to mix edgy and girly together.  Comfort is a big thing in my wardrobe.  My style can be romantic at times as well -- I really like to play with that kind of style where instead of using the usual pinks and reds for romantic, I'd go for browns, grays, and whites instead.

Does the hosiery you wear dictate the clothes,outfit you wear ?
Sometimes it does, it depends if the hosiery has a pattern on it, then of course I will try to wear pieces that flatter the certain type of hosiery I'm wearing.


Photobucket
Photobucket

What is in your hosiery drawer or closet ? It would be nice if you could take a photo and list the tights you own. 
I currently have only the colors of gray and black for tights.  I have a crazy patterned fish-net tight.  I also have hearts tights from F21, heart suspender scallop tights from ASOS, sheer tights from Target, and black opaque tights.

How do you choose your hosiery ? 
I choose it based off the clothings items I own in my current wardrobe.  I try to think of outfits I can wear with them, mostly I look to what kind of skirts I can pair with them.

Where do you shop for hoseiry ? 
I shop for hosiery as mentioned above:  F21, ASOS, and Target.

Photobucket
Photobucket



What was the last item of hosiery you bought, how much you spent etc ?
I bought my black sheer tights from Target and it was only $4.





Do you prefer sheer or opaque tights,stockings or holdups,socks or kneehighs,sheer toe or reinforced ? 
I really loove sheer tights, where I can layer them with knee high socks, my faav trend.  But I def would have to say I really am loving different kinds of socks, particularly knit knee-highs and thigh-highs, they're perfect for keeping warm in the winter.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Do you ever wear 10 denier tights or sheer hose if so how long do they last you ?
Ooh for sheer hosiery, I get so frustrated with them because I have to be extra careful whenever I sit down.  And one time I pulled the up too fast or too far and they ripped! It really bothers me when I have to end up buying so many more pairs.  Although they're cheap, when you add it up, it comes out to be a lot spent.

How does wearing tights make you feel emotionally ? More feminine,better with girly outfits not thought about it ?
It makes me feel less conscientious about how my legs look, and gives me an instant tan when I don't have time to tan - I have really light legs :( haha.  But it definitely can make me feel girly when I wear them with skirts, but also edgy when I wear them with jean shorts.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket


Do you physically like the feel of tights and touch ?  Do your legs ache less, prefer than pants ? not thought about it ?
I really love how tights feel - I think I really do wear them more than pants.  I'm very tactile when it comes to clothing/fabrics.

When do you wear hosiery,daily-once a week etc ?
I think I tend to wear them at least twice a week especially when I wear shorts or skirts.  I will wear them most in the fall/winter time because they keep me warmer than wearing pants, oddly enough.

Photobucket

What is your hosiery staple ? 
It would definitely have to be the jet black sheer tights.  It shows off your skin without being too showy.  And you can layer it with knit socks or any kind of socks.

What are your style tips for wearing tights ?
I would say if you're just starting out, wear them with skirts.  If you're feeling uncomfortable at first, wear them with a knee-high pencil skirt.  Then move to shorter skater-esque skirts.  If you're daring after, wear them with jean shorts :).

Photobucket
Photobucket

How do you put on tights?
I scrunch them up all the way to the toe part, then I roll them up (carefully) and tightly so there are no bunching throughout.

If you was told you could never wear tights again, how would you feel ?
Hmm, I wouldn't mind, they do add another level of chic to the outfits, but I would probably get over it and wear thigh high socks in place of them.

Do you remember the first time you wore tights and the first pair you bought ?
I would have to say it was when I had my first ever ballet class.  I was five years old and had to wear pink tights with my black leotard and ballet slippers lol.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Do you keep a spare pair of tights in your bag ?
Hmm, that is actually a really good idea!  No sadly I don't, I'm thinking now I should in case they run or break on the go.

Photobucket

The best and worst things about hosiery, Love-hate ?
Hate how sheer tights easily run/break when I pull them up to fast or sit on something that will snag them.  Love how they keep me warm when the weather is cold :).

Photobucket
Photobucket

Do you recycle your tights ?
No I don't, I throw them away :(.  But I don't know, I think that would be sort of unsanitary if I gave them away to someone else?


http://inspirafashion.blogspot.com