Featured blogger- Ruta

LUinaP header v7.jpg

How do you get your inspiration for the outfits you wear ?
-I create lookbooks for myself from images that I find--I usually save magazine cutouts, film stills, pictures of other bloggers wearing outfits I like, clothes I would like to buy, and random photos that have absolutely nothing to do with fashion. When I need inspiration I reference back to my lookbooks. Most of the time though, I get inspired by some random little thing I saw or noticed the day before and I build an outfit around that idea.

DSC03773

DSC03771


Would you describe yourself as a trendsetter or fashion follower ?
- I like to think that I am a trendsetter, but I think we're all followers in some way, since we get the inspiration for what we wear from something before us. It's how we interpret that moment of inspiration that sets us apart.

dsc05531

dsc05518k

How would you describe your style ?
- I don't think I have a specific style yet. Although it sounds cliche to say this, I dress according to my mood. I have noticed though that no matter what I wear, I like looking put together. I don't really experiment with mixing patterns or styles, which is something I'd like to eventually break away from.

beautfy

treeelife

dancedancegirl

Does the hosiery you wear dictate the clothes,outfit you wear ?
- It depends. If the hosiery is patterned or a certain colour, then I will base my outfit around them. If I wear black tights then that means I most likely put the outfit together first and then added the tights.

DSC03755

DSC03736

DSC03746

How do you choose your hosiery ?
- To be honest, I don't like spending a lot on hosiery, simply because they rip often. I usually just buy whatever I find that I like and think about how I'll style it later.

DSC05197

DSC05203

What was the last item of hosiery you bought, how much you spent etc ?
- I bought some light pink tights and cream tights, they were both a Nordstrom brand, but I got them for $3 each pair. A great deal if I may say so myself.

DSC05217

DSC05223


How does wearing tights make you feel emotionally ? More feminine,better with girly outfits not thought about it ?
- Tights make me feel good about myself. I don't really know how to describe it, but I suppose it makes me feel very feminine and in charge. They make me feel very secure about myself; definitely a confidence booster.

dsc05430kj

dsc05446d

When do you wear hosiery,daily-once a week etc ?
- I wear tights basically everyday. Once in a blue moon I'll wear pants, but hardly ever. Tights are a staple.

arms at your side

DSC04949

What is your hosiery staple ?
- Black tights. They're classic, they go with mostly everything. You can never have enough black tights.

DSC03815

DSC03824

What are your style tips for wearing tights ?
-Tights are not pants, so be careful with the length of your clothes. You can see through tights, so you have to make sure that what you wear is not showing more than it should be.
Plus, even though this isn't exactly a style tip, if your tights rip, clear nail polish is the best way to repair the damage. Your favourite tights will probably last for quite some time.


prance sideways

Do you keep a spare pair of tights in your bag ?
- I don't, but I really should. When I was in high school I used to keep a spare pair in my locker, but now that I'm in university, I don't feel like carrying a pair around with me in my bag.

white blazer blue hsorts

The best and worst things about hosiery, Love-hate ?
- I love the variety. There are tights for basically any outfit imaginable. I hate when my favourite pair of tights rip. I have a pair of dotted tights that ripped so much that now I can only wear them with high boots.

DSC03541

DSC03546

DSC05814

DSC05844

DSC05839

Thanks to Ruta for answering the questions.See her blog here:
http://lookuglyinaphotograph.blogspot.com/

Oringina xo