Featured blogger Lacy starr

http://fashionmylegs.blogspot.com/


www.strangewaysvintage.blogspot.com

www.weardrobe.com/users/isitreallysostrange

How do you get your inspiration for the outfits you wear ?

Fate. I tend to wear things together that I bought in relatively the same time. It makes sense that I would be drawn to certain things at a given time and that those things would work together. I also rely on what's clean, what's closest at hand. I don't like to over-think it ever. I would hate to look like I spent hours and hours picking out an outfit. That's very vain to me.

http://fashionmylegs.blogspot.com/

Who has had the biggest fashon influence on your outfits ?

Honestly, it's the kind girls who donate their gently used clothes to thrift stores. I buy second hand and vintage far more than I do new at a department store or boutique. In a way I'm limited to what's available in my size but I do love the thrill of the hunt.


What blogs and websites do you follow and why ?

I follow a ton of personal style blogs. I find what real girls are wearing far more interesting than anything in a fashion magazine. There are so many cool, creative girls out there. My two favorites are The Clothes Horse and Liebmarlene Vintage but that's really just scratching the surface.

http://fashionmylegs.blogspot.com/


Would you describe yourself as a trendsetter or fashion follower ?

I really wouldn't describe myself as either. I never know what's trendy or fashionable and I don't care. I just wear what feels right. It's supposed to be a form of self-expression so it's sad that everyone wants to look a like. But having said that, I don't think I'm doing anything particularly revolutionary or original either.

seafoamorange


How would you describe your style ?

Well my husband has been referring to my style lately as Amish Hipster (though I've been told Mennonite is more correct) because I refuse to give up dresses because of cold weather. I end up having to layer like crazy and that's including layering tights. I prefer to think of it as Grunge Revival but that doesn't sound too flattering either. The good thing about seasons is they change. I can't wait for Spring so I can change it up again.

brownandblueskirt

brownandblueshoe


Does the hosiery you wear dictate the clothes,outfit you wear ?

I think I tend to pick out the outfit first. Hosiery is more of an accessory for me like shoes or a purse.

What is in your hosiery drawer or closet ? It would be nice if you could take a photo and list the tights you own.

http://fashionmylegs.blogspot.com/

I have tights in drawers and bags and boxes. I have no idea where any particular pair is or even how many pairs I have. Every time I find something it's like Christmas all over again. But then, disorganization is my Muse anyway.

How do you choose your hosiery ?

I love seeing what colors are going to be trendy that season by looking at the color of the tights in the shops. I try out all the new colors I haven't seen yet, in all their wonderful variations. Then when it comes to putting together an outfit, I might pull one of the colors from a printed frock or try color blocking with a sold piece.


Do you prefer sheer or opaque tights,stockings or holdups,socks or kneehighs,sheer toe or reinforced ?

I prefer opaque tights in solid bright colors. For warmth I've been layering thick thigh high socks over top and it really helps.

http://fashionmylegs.blogspot.com/

How does wearing tights make you feel emotionally ? More feminine,better with girly outfits not thought about it ?

I was never a girly girl in high school and college like I am now. But I remember buying a pair of black thigh high stockings for my first concert when I was fifteen. I think it says something that I still have them many MANY years later but nothing else from that era. Tights are connected to my ideas about femininity and sexuality and how I used them that first time to assert myself as I was trying to find my own identity.

Do you physically like the feel of tights and touch ? Do your legs ache less, prefer than pants ? not thought about it ?

I prefer tights to pants. I find pant to be so uncomfortable and difficult to fit to my body. It's just so much easier to throw on a dress and tights.

What are your style tips for wearing tights ?

I think people shouldn't be afraid to try unconventional color combinations. Next time you wear a red dress don't automatically reach for the black tights, try orange or if set on a neutral, brown. Colorful tights are a great way to inject life in an otherwise staid outfit. And try layering them!

http://fashionmylegs.blogspot.com/

The best and worst things about hosiery, Love-hate ?

I get really sad when they rip but usually they die a slow death as the fibers break down from washing. I hand wash but it happens anyway and it's kinda worse than a rip because you have to know the end is coming.