Featured blogger Django et Coco Our Paper Moon

opmcocodjangooption5


How do you get your inspiration for the outfits you wear ?

My “at the moment” inspiration is coming from hundreds of fashion bloggers.

Who has had the biggest fashion influence on your outfits ?

Probably my fiancé! I cannot get out of the house wearing something he does not like... ohh don’t get the wrong idea he doesn’t make decisions for me, but I want to look good for him so I will make sure my outfit will please his taste.

grand3



What made you start posting your pictures on chictopia ? 

The stylish and very welcoming community.

Beauxarts1

What blogs and websites do you follow and why ? 

I follow hundreds of websites, especially bloggers for their interesting stories and/or for inspiration. When you browse Chictopia, most of the members add their blog link to their profile side bar! Lot of interesting reads!

Would you describe yourself as a trendsetter or fashion follower ?

I do not consider myself more one than the other. I always had been a little eccentric with my fashion choice, as I got older it toned down dramatically! Sometime, I do get inspiration from a look I have seen, but also the surviving eccentricity in me wants to adapt it to make it my own!

Dress3

How would you describe your style ? 

A mismatch of current fashion with past eras, sometimes including a little touch of traditional outfit from around the world.

Does the hosiery you wear dictate the clothes, outfit you wear ?

It really depends on what item I do not want to compromise out of my daily outfit. If I choose the tights; yes it could be the influence! For the “By the Sea”, it was a combo of the Ophelia hat and the tights: I worked to find other piece that would bring them together, as they are both strong pieces, there was a lot of trial and error!


Tree1

What is in your hosiery drawer or closet ?

Tights, socks, leggings, leg warmers in all sorts of colors and textures! Even some unopened packages!

How do you choose your hosiery ? 


I normally pick the one that will grab my attention then look if the price matches my budget! I do not take my current wardrobes in consideration; I prefer to deal with the matching later!

Where do you shop for hoseiry ?

I noticed that my cold winter country, Canada, has a huge lack in hosiery! Can you believe this? I can spend hours looking for pieces without luck! The best places are department stores and chains! (Sears, The Bay, H&M;, Urban Outfitters)

What was the last item of hosiery you brought, how much you spent etc ?

Actually, I am on my way to H&M; to replace a pair of yellow mustard tights that I have purchased recently. It was already damaged before me even slipping in! It is 5.95$.

Do you prefer sheer or opaque tights,stockings or holdups,socks or kneehighs,sheer toe or reinforced ? 

Sheer or opaque tights: equal love. Stockings or holdups:  I do not wear either! Socks or kneehighs: thin kneehighs, then I can fold it for a shorter version. Sheer toe or reinforced: no preference.

When do you wear hosiery, daily-once a week etc ?

If we consider the leggings/jean imitation hosiery, then daily! If not, probably about 3 to 4 times a week!

What is your hosiery staple ? 

Classic black opaque or sheer tights!

What are your style tips for wearing tights ?

Cute dress, any pair of tights, heels! You can never go wrong with that!

Do you keep a spare pair of tights in your bag ?

No

The best and worst things about hosiery, Love-hate ?

Love: comfy combine with fashion statement
Hate: because Canadian chain stores own the monopoly: the price! (It is hard to find pieces under $15)

tunnel

Do you recycle your tights ?

I have never thrown out a pair of tights, including damaged ones. The ones I do not wear are box in the attic!