Featured Chictopian- Swingthedayaway

http://fashionmylegs.blogspot.com/



 What made you start posting your pictures on Chictopia ?
I found Chictopia through Forever 21. They were doing a contest together and so I checked out Chictopia and loved it. There are so many styles to be inspired by on there! I have always loved taking pictures and putting outfits together and I was really excited to find a website that combined the two. It’s awesome to be able to connect with so many people around the world who have the same interest and passion for clothing and to be able to get inspired by so many different and unique individuals.

How would you describe your style ?
My style has definitely evolved over the years. My style was very “goth” during my early years of high school. I wore lots of black and Tripp pants with the bondage straps, but I wore tights back then too! I still have my black and white-striped pair that I got from Hot Topic 5 or 6 years ago.
After that, I transitioned into my fascination with vintage fashion. At first it was just 60s mod fashion, but it soon expanded to fashions from the 50s, 40s, and 30s and then 70s and 80s.  I started going to thrift stores after a couple of girls and I went shopping at one for costumes for our Drama Club production. I was amazed by all the styles from different decades and from then on I started exploring all the local thrift stores, and then some.
Because I have had somewhat different kinds of styles over the years, I tend to incorporate them all together somehow. But the main way to describe my style is vintage or vintage-inspired. My favorite type of clothing is dresses. I am a sucker for a dress with a fitted waist and a full skirt-very much the style of the 50s. Add in a floral print and I am sold. I love lace and polka dots and eyelet too! Peasant dresses are also a favorite of mine too. I love Gunne-Sax dresses.

http://fashionmylegs.blogspot.com/

While I like very feminine pieces, I also like some edgier stuff like the military or band jackets that are popular now. I am on a search for the perfect fitted tuxedo jacket that has tails in the back but is kept short in front. I like the whole menswear for women look. I am currently obsessed with finding the perfect blazers.
I’ve also been interested in Lolita fashion for a while now. I love the whole doll/tea party looks that come from that style. I love anything poofy and theatrical with bows and all kinds of cute and/or novelty prints. I like corsets, tutus, and those little top hats that are just too adorable as well.
And finally, I loooove pin-up style. It is sexy but in a classy way. I love the way they did their hair back then too with all the curls and the rolls. I love to go on Daddyos.com and look at all the Stop Staring! dresses. It’s really such a classic look.

http://fashionmylegs.blogspot.com/




Does the hosiery you wear dictate your outfits ?
Sometimes. There are days when I say, “I want to wear my [insert type here] tights” and I create an outfit around them. Usually I choose a dress first since the amount of dresses I own vastly outnumber my tights.

Whats in your hosiery drawer or closet  ?
A lot of white tights for some reason. I rarely wear white tights. I suppose it’s good to have a lot of since white gets dirty the quickest. I also have brown, red, black, beige, black, and pink. Some of my patterned tights include floral, gingham, dotted, lace, and striped. I asked for tights in every color for Christmas so hopefully I get my wish! I’ve been yearning for a pair of wine-colored tights.


  How do you choose your hosiery ?
By color, texture, and versatility. I ask myself “What would I wear these with?” and “Would I be able to work these into more than one outfit?” But sometimes I buy a pair of tights knowing they’ll only go with one certain outfit based solely on how ridiculously cute they are. ;) 

Where do you shop for your hosiery ?
I usually shop for tights at Kohl’s. Vera Wang has her line there and her tights are very comfortable. I’ll also go to Forever 21, Target, and various stores in the local mall. American Eagle has some really comfortable tights. If I’m shopping online, I’ll go to ModCloth, Topshop, Anthropologie, or We Love Colors.


http://fashionmylegs.blogspot.com/


What was the last item you brought ?
The last item of hosiery I bought was my blue and white floral tights by Look From London. I had my eye on them while they were on ModCloth.com for over two years, but could never justify spending $30 (with shipping) on one pair of tights. A month or so ago, ModCloth had a huge sale and the tights were marked down to $5! I bought them instantly and if I weren’t in class, I probably would’ve danced.

What type of tights do you prefer to wear ?
I prefer opaque over sheer tights. I usually only like sheer tights if there is some sort of design in it such as sheer with opaque dots.
I would choose holdups over stockings because they stay up better.
For me, choosing between knee-highs and socks depends on the length of the dress or skirt. I generally tend to go with knee-highs.When it comes to the toe of my tights, it usually doesn’t matter to me because I never buy open-toe shoes. I always buy closed-toe shoes because I’m not a big fan of 

http://fashionmylegs.blogspot.com/

How does wearing tights make you feel  ?
Tights make me giddy. They can make an outfit you’ve worn a lot feel like brand new again. They definitely make me feel a little more feminine and girly. They’re such a classic staple of a woman’s wardrobe. Wearing tights always puts me in a good mood…especially if they’re a bright color or fun pattern.

Do you like the feel of tights or prefer pants ?
The physical feel and fit of tights is where they can become a problem for me. It is a sacrifice we must make for the cuteness they bring to an outfit. Tights can be exactly what their name says: tight. I don’t mind the feel of them on my legs, but it can be a little bothersome when the waistband is too tight or comes up too high. It’s awkward when your tights come up higher on your torso than your skirt. You make it work though for the sake of fashion!I would say I prefer tights to pants for fashion’s sake, but pants are more comfortable and more convenient for bathroom trips. Leggings are a nice medium.

How ofter do you wear hosiery ?
I wear hosiery more in the fall and winter. I usually wear tights about 3-4 times a week.

  What is your hosiery staple ?
I wear my beige Simply Vera by Vera Wang tights a lot. The color goes with so many things and they’re really comfortable.

http://fashionmylegs.blogspot.com/

What are your style tips for wearing tights ?
If I’m wearing patterned tights, I usually try to wear solids for the other pieces in the outfit and vice versa. Also, don’t be afraid of color! Colored tights give neutral outfits a nice pop. I have always loved the combination of red, black, and white. Red tights are always a classic, yet refreshing add to a black and white outfit. 


Thanks to Swingtheday you can see more of her here:


http://www.chictopia.com/swingthedayaway

Oringina xo