Retro Revas Tips on how to layer tights.


Its funny how things turn out, seeing its so cold here in the UK at the moment my mind was set on writing a piece on the merits of layering tights to over come the cold weather but doing a quick search on google i came across this little gem by Retro Reva. Please take a look at this lovely girls mighty fine blog. Revasrags2roses.blogspot.com/
Oringina xo




(close-up of layered tights) 


 Oh happy freezing day!!


 this shot was another attemptment at layering fishnets with

tights underneath. (wearing the crotch-scraper!)



 

 I'm freezing my butt off! (anything for a good shot!)

Having an old Hollywood moment!



TRENDY WAYS TO WEAR THE TIGHTS TREND 
The more the merrier when it comes to covering our legs! (and a great way to hide those veins!). LAYERS!   Usually when I wear crotch-scrapers (mini-skirts or dresses) I turn to my old faithful thick black tights, but today colorful  tights and even Knee sox are warming the legs of women everywhere! -not to mention Over-The-Knee socks.  A trick I have seen women doing is wearing the over-the-knee sox with shorter boots to create the look of the thigh-high boot, without the price tag. -Theses photos are 2 looks I like--- I layered  FOOTLESS Diamond patterned fishnet tights over plain light- colored ones. Also, layered a pair of brown fishnet stockings over a pair of light pink tights. Both work great, but I liked the footless better for boots! --As a woman over 40- I stick to keeping my legs covered and especially when wearing a shorter skirt, I keep the tights very thick. This can still look trendy without being too overexposed! 
TIPS to TRY! 


**TIP**-WHEN U WEAR FISHNET STYLES OVER LEGGINGS, U CAN CHOOSE A FOOTLESS VERSION-I find mine at sears- THIS WAY YOUR BOOTS DON'T FEEL SO TIGHT OR CRAMPED**
*TIP*--wear short sox over bright tights  for a pop of style if u wear flats or mary-janes*
*TIP--wear knee sox over tights and under boots for a pop of color*
*TIP--wear knee sox darks over lighter color tights, and vise-versa*
*TIP--Layer 2 colors together to make a new color-like nail polish!*
*TIP--or combine all of the above and create a really special look!*
*TIP--add a transparent  'tattoo' style tight over a bright color*
*TIP--don't be afraid to show those "hosed" toes- it's no longer a no-no!*
*RETRO  REVA*




All credit to Retro Reva. Please check ot her amazing blog here:
http://revasrags2roses.blogspot.com/