Featured blogger- Mitzi cocoa

night lights





chicdec1editsmall

How do you get your inspiration for the outfits you wear ?
Films, magazines, the power of the imagination.

Who has had the biggest fashon influence on your outfits ?
Patrick Wolf and Natasha Khan are my style icons -- two beautiful people who dress beautifully.








What made you start posting your pictures on Chictopia ?
I love to dress up. I wanted to be part of a community who share that adoration.







What blogs and websites do you follow and why ?
I follow my fellow Chictopians' blogs. They're inspiring and I love seeing everyone's own individual style.






Would you describe yourself as a trendsetter or fashion follower ?
A mixture of both. My unique personality tends to direct my outfits, but I will often see someone wearing something and think "that's awesome, I want to try that."






How would you describe your style ?
David Bowie's Victorian Tea Party






Does the hosiery you wear dictate the clothes,outfit you wear ?
Yes, when I get a new pair of tights that have a fancy pattern or print I want to build my outfit around them to really show them off.




What is in your hosiery drawer or closet ? 
Too many to list! They're folded and layered in the drawer. I often wish I had an organizer specifically for hosiery with little slots for all of my tights.






How do you choose your hosiery ?
I'll know what I want to complete an outfit or for a certain look, then I'll go out and hunt it down.






Where do you shop for hoseiry ?
American Apparel, Urban Outfitters, Forever 21, Ardene, The Bay, anywhere and everywhere that sells tights.

What was the last item of hosiery you brought, how much you spent etc ?
I was in The Bay purchasing perfume and they were having a hosiery sale. I scooped up some grey cable knit tights for $3.94 and some grey sheer tights for $3.64. I can't resist.

Do you prefer sheer or opaque tights,stockings or holdups,socks or kneehighs,sheer toe or reinforced ?
All of the above.


Hot Tramp, I Love You So




Do you ever wear 10 denier tights or sheer hose if so how long do they last you ?
Sheer hose tends to run pretty quickly. Usually it's within the first three wears. I love how they look and after a while I cave and buy another pair.

How does wearing tights make you feel emotionally ? 
Definitely more feminine. I love wearing white tights because they are so girly and fun.




Do you physically like the feel of tights and touch ? Do your legs ache less, prefer than pants ? not thought about it ?
They're more comfortable than jeans.

When do you wear hosiery,daily-once a week etc ?
At least half the week, even in winter.



What is your hosiery staple ?
Opaque black tights.






What are your style tips for wearing tights ?
Wear black tights for sophistication and glamour and white tights for a cute and girly look.
Also, you can stop a run with clear nail polish!





Do you keep a spare pair of tights in your bag ?
No, but I do keep a tiny sewing kit.


ruffle anthems


The best and worst things about hosiery, Love-hate ?
Runs!











Do you recycle your tights ?
Ripped tights are hip right now so I don't really have to recycle anything.

http://litebritenight.blogspot.com/
http://www.chictopia.com/mitzicocoa