Featured blogger- miss_scientist


5817682466_400

How do you get your inspiration for the outfits you wear ?
-Some of my outfits are inspired by what I've seen online, but a lot of the times, my outfits are trial and error. Whenever I plan an outfit, I lay it out and pull pieces from my wardrobe to see what works and what doesn't.

Who has had the biggest fashion influence on your outfits ?
I wouldn't say that my specific outfits are influenced by anyone in particular, but my general look and style definitely has. I love Zooey Deschanel's vintagey feminine style, and that's what I have been striving for.

blue-juicy-couture-jacket-white-forever-21-dress-gray-forever-21-shirt-bla_400

What made you start posting your pictures on chictopia ?
Where I go to school right now isn't really fashion forward. I felt that I wanted some recognition and advice from people who appreciated style, so I started a chictopia blog.

black-the-mountain-t-shirt-gold-joyce-leslie-dress-black-aerie-tights-blac_400 (1)

black-the-mountain-t-shirt-gold-joyce-leslie-dress-black-aerie-tights-blac_400

What blogs and websites do you follow and why ?
I particularly love The Clothes Horse (www.theclothes.blogspot.com) because she's particularly good at remixing outfits. In addition to Chictopia, I follow lookbook.nu for photography inspiration.

Would you describe yourself as a trendsetter or fashion follower ?
I would say neither. I wear what I like.

10399125922_400

How would you describe your style ?
A mix of classic and indie, but always feminine.

blue-forever-21-sweater-gold-modcloth-dress-red-target-tights-brown-ariat-_400

Does the hosiery you wear dictate the clothes,outfit you wear ?
Not really, I try to pick hoisery that matches my outfits.

What is in your hosiery drawer or closet ?
A slew of colored tights, knee highs, stirrups (which I love), ultra thick fleece-lined for winter, regular pantyhose, footless tights, textured/patterned tights, black tights.

black-h-m-dress-black-joie-skirt-green-target-tights-black-jildor-shoes-_400

black-h-m-dress-black-joie-skirt-green-target-tights-black-jildor-shoes-_400 (2)

How do you choose your hosiery ?
I try to pick hoisery that I know would match the clothes I have at home.

Where do you shop for hoseiry ?
Wherever I find interesting colors or patterns that I like.

What was the last item of hosiery you bought, how much you spent etc ?
I bought these sheer back seam pantyhose in cream & black from American Apparel. http://www.americanapparel.com/rsaphhb1.html?cid=203 I really love them because they have this kind of '50's pinup feel to them. They make me feel both sexy and sophisticated when I'm wearing them.

Do you prefer sheer or opaque tights,stockings or holdups,socks or kneehighs,sheer toe or reinforced ?
I love them all, it really just depends on the outfit that I'm wearing.

pink-juicy-couture-blazer-blue-forever-21-dress-gray-american-apparel-skirt-_400 (1)

pink-juicy-couture-blazer-blue-forever-21-dress-gray-american-apparel-skirt-_400

Do you ever wear 10 denier tights or sheer hose if so how long do they last you ?
Whatever sheer hose I have is my mom's, and she's had them for many years.

white-vintage-dress-beige-jcrew-bracelet-black-seychelles-shoes_400

When do you wear hosiery,daily-once a week etc ?
I wear hoisery whenever I want to wear a "warmer weather" outfit (i.e. dress or shorts) when it's cold outside.

What is your hosiery staple ?
Black tights. You really can't have too many of them.

What are your style tips for wearing tights ?
If they're colored, make sure that they're in the same color scheme, but not necessarily the same color as your outfit.

pink-forever-21-dress-black-rodarte-for-target-tights_400


Do you recycle your tights ?
I hadn't before, but I will now, thanks to the tips on your blog!

http://www.chictopia.com/miss_scientist